- Examine the motorcycles for service and repair, identify any faults and determine the cause and the type of repair and parts required for the vehicle.
- Ensure that the vehicle is protected at all times using the appropriate protection such as seat covers, floor mats, steering wheel covers and wing protectors.
- Manually dismantle, reassembling and replace parts under supervision.
- Perform basic mechanical work for both warranty and customer’s requests.
- Carry out any duties in a cautious manner to avoid causing any accidental damages to vehicles.
- Ensure that all repairs and services are done within the stipulated time schedule and in accordance with the job card specifications.
- Ensure that faults have been reported on the job card especially if any new faults have been recognised or whether any follow up actions are needed.
- Report to the workshop assistant on the general condition of motorcycles/vehicles with emphasis on the customer safety and any current or possible future vehicle faults and servicing requirements noticed.
- Make sure proper use of tools and equipment provided.
- Ensure the correct collection, usage, return and disposal of parts and tools used.
- Ensure that all the work carried out is compliant with the manufacturer’s safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motorcycles of all types.
- Keep the work area clean and tidy, ensure that the overall cleanliness of the workshop to promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ensure that protective clothing and equipment provided by the company are used and always worn.
- Keep updated on franchise standards, new vehicle models, manufacturer’s technical specifications and new vehicle technology.
- Attend training organised both locally and abroad when and as required.
- Adheres strictly to Health and Safety regulations and makes full use of protective clothing and equipment given by the company.
- Report any health hazards to the workshop coordinator / Health and Safety Representative / Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Report any near misses or injuries to the Senior Operations Manager / Health and Safety Representative / Health and Safety Coordinator.
- Perform any other duties assigned by his direct superior when and as required, including carrying out similar jobs on motor vehicles when required.
- Carry out any additional duties assigned by the After Sales Manager.