The job generally requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- Collect ticket fares and check that the tickets are valid;
- Scan the passengers’ cards and ensure passengers have the correct Pass when boarding the bus;
- Carry out the route as per the itinerary and in the expected timeframe;
- Communicate to the Control Room any incidence/problem that was produced during the service;
- Check the technical condition of the vehicle and the equipment on board by means of daily (routine) checks, identifying in the Defect Sheet any possible anomalies/abnormalities;
- Help and accommodate the passengers as they board and leave the bus in accordance with the norms of safety;
- Safeguard the passengers’ safety and that of others drivers using the road network;
- Hand-over of the daily collected cash (money) together with the invalid (null) tickets and the Defect Sheet when finishing his/her duty;
- Safeguard compliance with the norms and policies for Health and Safety, Risk Prevention, Data Protection, Quality and Environmental Control within the sphere of his/her duties.
- Basic spoken English;
- Basic level of education;
- Pass a medical examination and driving assessment;
- Clean Police record (current) from country of origin. (a stamped translated copy in English has to be provided as well);
- Required to work early morning, late evening and weekend shifts on a roster basis which is published four weeks in advance;
- Valid and clean driving license European Category D and CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence);
- Applicants will be requested to sit for a driving test conducted by local authorities in Malta.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.